Monday, November 21, 2005

t r u t h o u t - Marjorie Cohn: Ending the Occupation

A chicken hawk is a bird that attacks chickens, I believe.
Cheney turned on an old cockerel the other day and got a savaging. For our European readers, a hawk is someone who is keen on war and a chicken is a coward. Bushco sneds other people to war. It just dresses up as a warrior.
I am not sure how the cowardly chickens dressed up as hawks ever fooled America.
I guess the Americans are just foolish.

t r u t h o u t - Marjorie Cohn: Ending the Occupation: "Cheney, who didn't fight in Vietnam because he had 'other priorities,' noted that Murtha was 'one of my strongest allies in Congress when I was Secretary of Defense [in the Bush I administration].' When Cheney was first tapped for the job, he told Murtha, 'I'm going to need a lot of help. I don't know a blankety-blank thing about defense.'

Cheney's respect for the war hero evaporated, however, after Murtha's explosive remarks last week. 'The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone,' the chicken hawk veep snarled in a speech to the right-wing Frontiers of Freedom Institute.

In a clear reference to Cheney's draft dodging during the Vietnam War, Murtha replied, 'I like guys who got five deferments and [have] never been there and send people to war, and then don't like to hear suggestions about what needs to be done.'"

No comments: