Friday, May 13, 2005

t r u t h o u t - William Rivers Pitt | One of These Days

t r u t h o u t - William Rivers Pitt | One of These Days: "picture this moment. There I was, trying to drive down one of the worst roads in Cambridge with a cell phone the size of a gallon of milk stuck to my ear, and I have this MSNBC producer telling me that if I go on the show, I have to dump all over the inspectors who at that time had been in-country about a week. Coincidentally, that was exactly the same line of rhetoric being pushed by the White House at exactly that time. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless, and I'm lucky me, the car and the giant cell phone didn't wind up in the Charles River.
I asked her if she knew who she was talking to. She didn't understand. My book, I told her, says there are no weapons of mass destruction and therefore no reason to go to war there. I'm the last person on the planet, therefore, who is going to haul water for the idea that there are weapons in Iraq. Furthermore, I said, I don't know where you get off trying to gin up resentment against the inspectors. They just got there, and if they can finish their work without getting derailed by nonsense like this, it'll hopefully keep a lot of people from getting killed. The MSNBC producer laughed quietly - that's the part I will never forget, how she laughed - and hung up. "

Frighteneing is it not? But is it true over here as well?
The BBC Today prog lays into Blair evry day at the moment, but it headkines the attack on George Galloway. Why should that be the top story of the day?

In the war our journalist were as embedded as theirs and ones who were not were sometimes killed by our side. On purpose? How can we judge?

The attack on Bliz was all part of a spin to cover up the false prospectus of this war.

It should be war crimes accusations against Blair and Bush we hear every day not accusations that won't stand legal test against Galloway